Friday, May 1, 2015

Lia Stampz : Embossing (Heat or Dry)




Hello everyone!!
I am so excited to share my card today for the new Lia Stampz challenge which is
Embossing (heat or Dry)


I tried my hand at watercolouring a "galaxy" background using layers over layers of distress inks! And I think it came out great!
Though I don't think I can make it again LOL This was a happy accident!
I followed the following color board and added only yellow as an extra color.


The image that I have used is Baby Boy on the Moon. The moon is watercoloured using distress ink, the boy and it's pillow plus blanket are coloured with classic faber castell colour pencils. 
Sentiment heat embossed (Altenew). 
I added white heat embossed stars on the background as part of my galaxy, I also added some iridescent heat embossed stars which are only visible in person. But if you REALLY look, you can see one on the top left corner and a couple to the right of the moon! :D
The heat embossed stars just pop on the watercolor background and that is what I love about heat embossing, it gives life to a project
Till next time, have a super fab weekend!
xx
Erum





challenges: Virginia's ViewSimon Says,  cute card thursday, CCEE Stampers, as you like it, Cards and more, creative moments

20 comments:

Maria Sabina R. said...

the background is so dreamy!!! love it!! Simply once again..I adore your work!

Amina Ishfaq said...

Its gorgeous Erum... love the galaxy background!!

Leanne said...

Wow! Fabulous work Erum. Love the galaxy you have created.

Unknown said...

This is so awesome Erum! I love how you created this background, its spectacular! <3

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wow!! This is gorgeous! LOVING that background and that sweet image!!!!

zub momi said...

Awesome background! Love the sweet image and sentiment :)

Unknown said...

Have to say it again, the background is ming blowing!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card love the background. Thanks for joining us at Creative Moments and good luck.
Rose DT x

AJ Bodine said...

Erum, what an amazing and gorgeous creation you've made! That one of a kind background is fab and as always, your coloring is tremendous!

Zw@@n said...

Oh wow, this is stunning. I love your background and that stamp is so cute. Thank you for joining us at As You Like It. Luv, Wilma

Jingle said...

Oh, WOW! This is stunning! The colors are amazing and that background is just perfection! Thank you so much for playing along with us over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

Ellen H. said...

I hope you are going to win; this card is so so soooo pretty!!

Deepti Stephens said...

Gorgeous background. Love the card Erum.. :)

Virginia L. said...

Unique , gorgeous and captivating...So glad that you join the fun over Virginia’s View “Layers and Dimensions” Challenge!

Deepti said...

Wow that sky is gorgeous :)

Julie B said...

Love the background , very eye catching.
Thanks for sharing with us at Cards und More. :)

Daria Z. said...

Your background is amazing! Love this card.

Karen Dunbrook said...

love it!!

Bad Kitty said...

wonderful card

Virginia L. said...

my e-mail address: becr8ive2@gmail.com
(congrats on the Craftsy class win)!!