Wednesday, August 27, 2008

CASEd Card



This is a CASEd card. I love all of Steph's cards. They are so simple and pretty. And yeah very vibrant! When I saw this particular card I just fell in love with how the bold chocolate brown was framing the soft pink and blue. So I took my printer papers, as I did not have these colours in card stock. I added little shading along the borders to give the papers some body, they were looking quite plain before. I do not have any stamps, as most of you know. So I drew the cupcake image and coloured it up :o) And I think the cupcake looks cute, I will be using it again for sure :-D
The two differences between my card and hers is that I have used brown cardstock instead of white as the main card and this little thingy that I added. I don't have punches so I used sequins, I decided to save them so I cut them in half and pasted them along the circle. It takes time and effort but the end result is always refreshing :0)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Another wonderful card ... your cupcake looks delicious and I love how you used the sequins.

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

Sweet enough to eat! Adorable cupcake drawing & I love the way you did the scallop. TOO clever! Great glitter effect! :o)

Stephanie Hargis said...

You did such a fantastic job! I love your scalloped circle with the sequins! What a great idea! :D What an honor that you chose to case my card! :D

Shirley said...

Yummy~~!!!